Alexander's Technique , otherwise known as Alexander's Method is an experience method dealing with self development. It can help people improve their use of themselves and help them improve many areas of their life.
Many people can benefit from Alexander's Technique:
- People who have Posture Problems.
- People who suffer from Physical Pain – Back Ache, Neck Problems, Shoulders Pain, etc.
- People who have Psychosomatic Problems - Asthma, Migraines, Depression, and Chronic Fatigue.
- Stage Performers - Musicians, Actors, Dancer, Singers, Who wish to improve their skill.
- People who are interested in Self-Awareness and Self-Improvement.
Alexander's Technique was founded by F.M Alexander (1869 - 1955). He was a British-Australian actor who suffered from hoarseness, anger outburst and general weakness. Alexander tried seeking medical help but when no doctor could really help him he started observing himself, observing his movement and how it affected his vocals. Alexander noticed that the use of the self (which is also the title of his third book), affected the way he functioned and that it had an influence on his health.